Gaming Age 100%
It’s also hard to deny that Halo 4 is a hell of a visual step up for the series. Part of that comes from the art design, featuring bright, neon like colors that infuse the new world of Requiem with inorganic life. But the texture work and character models are a step above what Reach produced, and help to show that that 360 still has a trick or two up its sleeve from a power perspective.
Game Revolution 100%Unless Black Ops II or Far Cry 3 manage to revolutionize the genre in astronomical ways, Halo 4 is the clear frontrunner for best first-person shooter of 2012. Heck, it may very well be the best game you play all year.
A truly spectacular game. Of all of the possible results that may have sprung from the circumstances that now surround the development of the Halo franchise, Halo 4 is the most welcome (and surprising) imaginable.
343 Industries have done a remarkable job at continuing the Halo legacy. They’ve gone all out, creating a fantastic sequel that brought forth a major focus on storytelling while upping the visual and audio direction to a level that will be tough for anyone to rival with these few remaining years of the current console generation.
Halo 4 is an emotional rollercoaster, an amalgam of epic scenes and memorable surprises with clockwork-perfect gameplay and a stunning artistic/technical production. The Halo everyone was waiting for.
Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox’s original king has returned to his rightful place on the throne.
By far their greatest success lies in a more nuanced realization of the series’ main protagonist, Master Chief, and while the campaign works exceptionally well as a stand-alone narrative, it leaves our hero in a place that opens the story to exciting new possibilities in the next two installments.
Halo 4 is most like the original Halo, where the novelty and wonder of exploring something really alien and different is a key factor. While Halo 4 continues the series’ tradition of iteration on its own design more successfully than any one of its predecessors, that sense of awe, of discovery, has been light since the first game, and I didn’t realize how much I missed it until I played Halo 4.
Official Xbox Magazine 95%
Beneath its sometimes bombastic layer of blockbuster-level polish, Halo 4 hides a complicated heart filled with intelligent sci-fi and a surprising amount of humanity and soul. Count us in for Chief’s next outing. We’ll be ready.
- Fallout 4
- Battlefield 4
- Battlefield 4 Assignments & Unlock Rewards
- Battlefield 4 Medals and Ribbons Requirements
- All Battlefield 4 Dog Tags & Requirements
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand Assignments and Unlock Rewards
- Battlefield 4 Dragons Teeth Assignments and Unlock Rewards
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Assignments and Unlock Rewards
- Battlefield 4 China Rising Assignments and Unlock Rewards
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault Assignments and Unlock Rewards
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault Details & Content
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Details and Content
- Battlefield 4 China Rising Details & Content
- All Promotional Battlefield 4 BF4 Dog Tags
- All BattlePacks Battlefield 4 BF4 Dog Tags
- All Destiny Rise of Iron Gear
- Destiny Warpriest Challenge Mode Loot
- All Hunter Taken King Armor and Gear
- All Titan Taken King Armor and Gear
- All Warlock Taken King Armor and Gear
- New Taken King Iron Banner Armor and Weapons
- Destiny All The Taken King Weapons, Armor and Ships
- Destiny All House Of Wolves Weapons, Armor and Ships
- All Destiny Exotics
- Destiny Crota’s End Loot Rewards
- Destiny Legendary and Exotic Helmets, Covers and Masks
- All Destiny Helmets Hoods and Masks
- Destiny Exotic Weapon Bounties and Requirements
- Destiny Equipment Upgrade Materials
- Destiny Grimoire Cards Bonus Details
- List of Destiny Consumables and Effects
- Halo 4